T: +44 (0) 207 036 9120
After qualifying as a solicitor in 1979 Tim advised many of the world's leading companies on difficult employment law issues. Tim set up Tim Johnson/Law in 2009.
Examples of his experience include:
- Representing companies in landmark litigation including equal pay claims in the Court of Appeal, House of Lords and European Court
- Advising the UK Government on sexual orientation discrimination and other employment law issues.
- Union negotiations to avoid strikes
- Representing City bankers in successful discrimination and whistleblowing claims
- Drafting the terms of employment of senior management in leading financial institutions
- Resolving boardroom disputes
- Advising several international IT companies on large scale redundancies across Europe
- Providing lead advice to Swiss International Airlines on employment law issues in sixty three countries following the collapse of Swissair
- Settling claims arising from sexual harassment by high profile senior directors.
- Advising global legal and accounting firms and their partners on partnership disputes
- Outsourcing services across Europe.
Chapters on equal pay in Sweet & Maxwell's Employment Law Manual and Europe in the 21st Century (Macmillan), on redundancy consultation in Global Business Workforce Restructuring (Kluwer) and more generally in Sweet & Maxwell's Labour Law Encyclopedia and its Employment Law Manual, and in Employment Law in Europe (Gower).
TV and radio news and shows such as Money Box Live, Wake Up to Money, Watchdog and The Jimmy Young Show.